Coggi- Every child’s digital buddy.
Delivering positive psychology tools to children through a mobile app using immersive Augmented Reality technology.
The Coggi platform consists of simple and fun exercises grounded in the science of Positive Psychology.
The innovative, user-centred design contains an Augmented Reality chameleon as the main character (Coggi). The name Coggi came from shortening ‘cognition’ into a child-friendly, memorable name.
The vision of Coggi Technologies is to engage a digitally native generation of children through technology to promote their own psychological well-being and to prevent mental health problems from occurring or escalating.
- 50% of all mental health conditions start by 14 years of age and most cases are undetected and untreated
- Globally depression is one of the leading causes of illness and disability among adolescents
- Mental health conditions account for 16% of the global burden of disease and injury in people aged 10-19 years
- Leaving adolescent mental health conditions unaddressed has life-long consequences, impairs both physical and future mental health and limits opportunities to lead fulfilling lives
- Promoting psychological well-being skills during adolescence creates the building blocks for young people to thrive as adults
Fun / Educational / Supportive
“Coggi is a great app to go on after a busy day at school and all the stresses of COVID and is a nice place to write your thoughts down, play calming games or do some deep breathing. Definitely would recommend this app!”
Frankie aged 14