We develop augmented reality (AR) applications and installations for corporate usage and public distribution.
We work with brands and agencies worldwide to create stand out, interactive content that can enhance the way they view and utilise the world around them.
The uses for AR are versatile and ever growing, and we are always seeking out new and innovative ways to harness the technology. So, if you have an idea for a project – get in touch!
Augmented Reality is a type of technology that allows us to bridge the gap between digital and physical worlds.
The technology works by using aspects of our surroundings such as faces, places, print media or other physical items to trigger digital content which appears to be directly layered over the physical stimuli.
This digital content can take the form of CGI interactions, animations, text, imagery, games, videos, voice overs – or a combination of any digital media content.
The primary benefit of using AR is that it enables us to visualise and communicate ideas with an enhanced level of visual clarity and interactivity that simply can’t be achieved through any other digital methods.
Another huge attraction to AR comes from the fact that it is easily integrated into mobile applications, meaning AR experiences can be easily distributed on large scales through convenient and portable devices.
Augmented Reality can extend the usefulness of products by adding visual entertainment or informative value.
Within these main usage areas the applications for the technology are plentiful. Some of which include:
- Gaming – add unique interactivity to traditional game concepts.
- Marketing – create campaigns that interact directly with consumers.
- Education – explore objects and processes in great visual depth at the touch of a finger.
- Healthcare – visualise and demonstrate processes and procedures, even on microscopic scales.
- Travel – create interactive tourist attractions or automotive and aerospace simulations
- Product Visualisation – preview what a product may look or work like in various environments, sizes, colours, shapes and styles.
- Training and Troubleshooting – utilise easy to access platforms to distribute intuitive demonstrations and visualisations.
Most of our work in AR is distributed in the form of mobile applications suitable for use on phones or tablets (iOS or Android). These devices are ideal for distributing content due to their accessibility and portability.
In addition to mobile applications there is also the possibility of utilising other platforms with AR content, such as large screens (connected to cameras) or smart glasses, although these options are less common.
Our AR development service is comprised of three main areas.